We offer express tracked and signed shipping with all our repair orders.
For your convenience, we ship and collect your items worldwide.
All our repair services come with a warranty. Please check our T&Cs.
ECU Repair Service
First thing you should do when suspecting an ECU problem in your vehicle is checking it with the appropriate diagnostic machine. If the fault codes point to Engine Control Unit (ECU) or Engine Control Module (ECM) failures, contact us so that our engineers can give you the best-possible technical advise.
At Autotronics we can successfully test and repair a wide range of ECUs in our in-house facilities. You are welcome to contact us before sending your ECU so that we can check if we can repair your specific ECU model.
Our professional ECU repair service will save lots of money and you will benefit from a professional and quick repair service.
What are the most common symptoms on faulty ECUs / ECMs?
- Check Engine Light constantly on.
- Vehicle not starting.
- Engine stalling or misfiring.
- Loss of power or acceleration.
- Increased fuel consumption.
- Fault codes pointing to the Engine Control Unit or Module.
What are the most common causes for ECU / ECM failures?
- Shorts in sensor circuits.
- Problems in ground connections.
- Too high or too low voltage.
- Wrong inputs from sensors.
- Corrosion or vibration.
- Excessive heat or water ingress.
What parameters and functions are controlled by the ECU / ECM?
- Horsepower and torque.
- Idle speed.
- Fuel pump.
- Engine cooling fan.
- Ignition timing.
- Carbon dioxide.
- Valve timing.
How long will my repair take?
Since the date we receive your ECU at our premises, we will usually dispatch it back to you in 2 to 3 working days. Please bear in mind that some complex repairs may take a bit longer to be completed.
Do you offer any kind of warranty in your repairs?
Of course we do! We always test all our repaired items before sending them back to our customer. But if for any reason you are still having the same issues with your ECU / ECM, you are covered by our warranty statement. Please check our Terms and Conditions for more information.
Is ECU called by any other names?
Yes, depending on your vehicle’s manufacturer, your ECU / ECM can also be referred to as:
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM): General Motors (Ford, Vauxhall).
- Fuel Injection Control Unit (FICU): PSA (Peugeot, Citroen), Fiat Group (Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia).
- Digital Motor Electronics (DME) and Digital Diesel Electronics (DDE): BMW Group (BMW, Mini).
Most of them
Most of them
Please contact us for more information
Have your vehicle part professionally repaired. It's easy as 1-2-3!
1. Buy this repair service online
2. Send your item/s to our address*
3. We'll promptly repair and return your item/s
* If you are an international customer, we'll pick them up from you
The repair prices shown do not include any additional parts required for the job to be completed, apart from those mentioned in the description. If any parts are needed in order to complete the job we will contact you with a quotation for these parts.
In such case, if you agree with the quotation we will require additional payment. On the contrary, if you then decide not to proceed with the repair, we will charge you the checking and administrative fee.
For further information, please refer to our Terms & Conditions.